Design Life Diaries: What to Wear to a Wedding

Friday, August 29, 2014

What to Wear to a Wedding


Hello ladies! I love getting comments and emails from all of you, and have been trying to catch up on answering everyone that I can! Recently I've received a few emails asking about what to wear as a guest to a wedding. I realize that summer is closing in on us fast, but we still have a few more weeks to get in your summer wedding attire! So here it is! :)

If you are going to be in family pictures, try to match the color scheme of the bridal party, or at least wear a solid color so you don't stick out in any pictures. The only ones who should be standing out in the picture are the bride and groom! Bold or flashy patterns are a no-no.

However, if you're not a part of the bridal party or family pictures, then I say color and patterns are fair game! Weddings are a happy occasion, so bright, cheery colors are very fitting.  I love florals (as you are well aware), and I think a summer wedding is the perfect place for it. Of course, with a busy and colorful pattern like floral, you'll be needing a neutral purse or clutch to balance your outfit. My favorite neutral bag right now is this Uber Clutch from Gigi New York.

As soon as I opened the beautiful box it came in, I audibly ooh-ed and aahh-ed. The quality of the leather is instantly noticeable. Not to mention that you can actually personalize it with your initials! This part was extra special for me, as Chris and I are coming up on our 2 year anniversary very soon. I'm just now getting used to my new initial, and I love being able to wear it on this beautiful clutch! Added bonus: the deep neutral will be great to style into fall and winter!





{Dress: Trixxi // Shoes: Michael Kors // Clutch: Gigi New York c/o // 
Bracelet: Vintage // Necklace: Nadri}

Remember, if your dress is on the shorter side make sure you are well-covered on top. This particular dress isn't even supposed to be short, but long legs automatically make everything look about 2-3 inches shorter on me! There are pros and cons to everything ladies! Sometimes I'll add an extra layer of fabric or lace to get a little more length, but the silhouette and modest top on this dress make the length acceptable.

Don't forget it's Labor Day Weekend! Gigi New York is having a special sale with free personalization and free shipping!


What are your plans for the long holiday weekend?


Labels:

30 Comments:

At August 29, 2014 at 12:50 PM , Blogger Kathy said...

I love your hair like this!! I will have to try! This post on what to wear to a wedding came at the perfect time!!

 
At August 29, 2014 at 1:09 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Kathy! :) And I'm glad you liked the post!

 
At August 29, 2014 at 2:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love your clutch!! I have a weird passion for anything tassels LOL Your right, this is a great color for using throughout fall and winter. And I'm with Kathy… I love your hair! So creative. It's adorable and still says classy all the way! Fun post!

 
At August 29, 2014 at 2:42 PM , Blogger Claire said...

Wowza! You look amazing so feminine, and beautiful.

God bless,
Xo, Claire
Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

 
At August 29, 2014 at 3:08 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love the tassel too, such a fun detail! And thank you, I'm just loving all style options of braids right now!

 
At August 29, 2014 at 3:08 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you Claire, you're too sweet!

 
At August 29, 2014 at 5:20 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

I need that bag!!!!! Love it!! I can't wait to look around at the rest of their site :)

 
At August 30, 2014 at 12:52 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

You would love them! :)

 
At August 30, 2014 at 12:24 PM , Blogger Jane S said...

Wow! You look absolutely stunning!


http://thebagmaniac.blogspot.com

Follow me on bloglovin

Facebook page

 
At August 30, 2014 at 8:07 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Jane!

 
At August 31, 2014 at 8:42 AM , Blogger Jessica said...

OMG gorgeous and girly outfit!! I love it! =D
Thanks for visiting my blog, I really like yours and now I'm following you on Bloglovin and GFC!

NEW POST on http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

xoxo,
Jess

 
At August 31, 2014 at 11:20 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

In love with this dress... beautiful color palette and styling
kisses from Miami,
Borka
www.chicfashionworld.com

 
At August 31, 2014 at 1:19 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Jessica! And thanks for following me too! :D

 
At August 31, 2014 at 1:20 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you! I'm trying to get in as much bright colors as I can before summer comes to an end!

 
At August 31, 2014 at 2:24 PM , Blogger Fabulous Torture said...

This dress is just stunning.You look fabulous!
http://www.fabuloustorture.blogspot.com

 
At August 31, 2014 at 2:26 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Andrea! :D

 
At August 31, 2014 at 3:15 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful!!! Love your hair style! :) http://www.outsidefashioncatwalk.com

 
At August 31, 2014 at 3:35 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Talia! I love experimenting with different braided styles!

 
At August 31, 2014 at 8:09 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Kelsey, your tips for a summer wedding attire are so useful and I'm loving the outfit you pick for this post! the floral dress is such a beauty and that neutral color clutch is just amazing!!!
I invite you to visit my blog and let me know if you would like to follow each other to stay in touch.
XOXO

Milu
www.hellolupi.blogspot.com

 
At September 1, 2014 at 2:50 AM , Blogger Rafaela said...

Lovely outfit you look amazing and the photos are very good!!

 
At September 1, 2014 at 9:54 AM , Blogger Kelsey Bang said...

this dress is so chic and lovely! love the cute floral print and those killer pink heels! great look!

kelseybang.com

 
At September 2, 2014 at 5:12 AM , Blogger The Style Storm said...

Love this look! That dress looks so pretty on you and your hair is gorgeous!!
The Style Storm
<3, Christina

 
At September 2, 2014 at 10:19 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad you found it helpful Milu! And thank you, I'll be sure to check out your blog :)

 
At September 2, 2014 at 10:19 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks! :)

 
At September 2, 2014 at 10:20 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Kelsey! I can't seem to get away from bright pink, it's such a great pop of color!

 
At September 2, 2014 at 10:21 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Christina!

 
At September 2, 2014 at 1:31 PM , Blogger Sienna said...

you have gorgeous hair. hope you had a fun labor day!

 
At September 2, 2014 at 2:45 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Sienna! Same to you! :)

 
At September 2, 2014 at 4:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Cute love this look! The print on this dress is fabulous!! You look amazing as always!!
xo,
Brittney Marie
Pretty Little Pursuits

 
At September 2, 2014 at 4:43 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Brittney :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home