Design Life Diaries: Life & Style Linkup: Maxi's

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Life & Style Linkup: Maxi's


Christina: Posh Pair // Kelsie: Design Life Diaries // Chelsey: Posh Pair

Today is an exciting day! It's the start of a new partnership with the beautiful ladies over at Posh Pair! Each Wednesday we will be co-hosting a new Life and Style topic to link up with fellow bloggers!

This week we chose the ever-popular maxi dress. I love maxi dresses for their comfort and versatility. It's day-at-the-beach meets fancy-night-out. For my look I chose a sleek green little number I got from my friend Stefani that I've been dying to dress up with some strappy heels and fancy earrings.

I chose to balance the fancy shoes and accessories with some casual boho braids and messy waves. I opted to skip my eye makeup altogether...yes, even the mascara (gasp!). The end result is much more natural and effortless, which helps balance the high heels and statement earrings. 

Wearing no eye makeup can seem scary at first, but when you pair it with a bright lip and some bronzer, it can take your beachy look to a whole new level! 

Not feeling comfortable enough to forgo the mascara? Try a light brown mascara instead of black, and brush it on your lashes with light strokes to keep your look from getting too dramatic. The hubby loved "the mermaid look," (as he put it :)) and requested I wear this look more often. Hey I'll take it, less work for me! ;)








{Dress: Love Couture// Heels: Vince Camuto // Earrings: Banana Republic //  
Bracelet: Maldives local shop // Clutch: Sample Sale }





Labels: ,

18 Comments:

At August 6, 2014 at 9:57 AM , Blogger The Style Storm said...

Love this! Such a great link up and gorgeous maxi dresses!

The Style Storm
<3, Christina

 
At August 6, 2014 at 10:14 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Christina! Your maxi dress is beautiful!

 
At August 6, 2014 at 10:44 AM , Blogger Robin said...

All these dresses are stunning!! I need to step up my game for next time! :)

 
At August 6, 2014 at 11:07 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Nonsense! I love your maxi dress, the bright colors look great on you!

 
At August 6, 2014 at 12:17 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You are so Adorable! I love your style <3

 
At August 6, 2014 at 12:27 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you Renata! You're so sweet :) :)

 
At August 6, 2014 at 1:17 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Loving the maxi skirt cant wait to pair them with sweaters and boots once it gets cooler in AZ
Simply Sutter

 
At August 6, 2014 at 1:28 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I hear you! I'm secretly wanting a little cooler weather here in Cali too!

 
At August 6, 2014 at 2:13 PM , Blogger Kylie Rose said...

I'm completely dying for the emerald you're rockin'! So pretty. And your mermaid hair is perfect. Gorgeous look :)

xoxo,
Kylie

 
At August 6, 2014 at 3:04 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Kylie! It's fun trying something new :)

 
At August 6, 2014 at 3:58 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Kelsie, I'm lovin' the elegant yet simple look of your outfit… and your makeup choice? I can definitely say here, less is more. What a fresh and beautiful look on you.
Love this Maxi post - 3 beautiful ladies

 
At August 7, 2014 at 3:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you! I was surprised how much I liked the end result!

 
At August 7, 2014 at 6:35 PM , Blogger Marta said...

Hi Kelsie,
Thanks for the invite and congrats on starting this new link-up with Posh Pair!! I love your maxi dress, you look amazing in that colour! I'm following you & Posh Pair via Facebook & also shared this on Google +. Have a great night:)
Marta,xo
www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

 
At August 8, 2014 at 12:28 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you so much Marta! W're so glad you are linking up with us and sharing on social media! :) We hope to see you back next week to show off your lace and pearls!

 
At August 11, 2014 at 11:37 AM , Blogger NewlyLoved said...

what a great color on you! just lovely
xo Jessica
www.NewlyLoved.com

 
At August 11, 2014 at 1:15 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you Jessica! And thanks for linking up!

 
At August 12, 2014 at 8:07 AM , Blogger A Labour of Life said...

love the colour and the braids are just perfect. The combo up braids, up and flowing are just perfect with this dress

 
At August 13, 2014 at 10:14 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Linda!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home