Design Life Diaries: Brussel Sprout and Mushroom Egg Bake

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Brussel Sprout and Mushroom Egg Bake


I've been on a breakfast kick lately, trying out new recipes on the weekends and even some for dinners during the week! One of my favorites so far is this Brussel Sprout and Mushroom Egg Bake. 

I've never really baked eggs in the oven other than in a breakfast casserole so I was a little apprehensive about how this would turn out. Thankfully I discovered that baking eggs is even easier than cooking them in a skillet! And just as delicious :) 

Admittedly, I would probably like any recipe with brussel sprouts. But who knew it would it would be just as great for breakfast?! Not to mention the grated gruyere cheese melted on top...yuuuum. 

I didn't photograph a step by step tutorial today, but you can see the recipe I loosely followed here. Note: I ended up baking it for several minutes longer than the recipe directed, in order to be sure the egg whites were fully cooked and safe to eat.









What's your favorite way to make eggs in the morning?


Labels:

6 Comments:

At July 23, 2014 at 8:29 PM , Blogger Fash Boulevard said...

oh my goodness, this looks amazing!

 
At July 24, 2014 at 1:04 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

And it's surprisingly easy to make too! You could really add any veggies you'd like to mix it up as well :)

 
At July 29, 2014 at 1:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Everything on the site looks amazing!
www.kissthechic.com

 
At July 29, 2014 at 2:34 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Amanda! :)

 
At August 4, 2014 at 11:51 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm not a big fan of mushrooms but this looks absolutely delicious!

 
At August 4, 2014 at 12:12 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

The mushrooms are sliced very thin, so it doesn't overpower the dish. But you could always switch them out for another veggie that you like more!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home