Design Life Diaries: 4th of July Style

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

4th of July Style


This past weekend I had the wonderful opportunity to do a photo shoot with the ever-so-talented Sammie from Wilson Brown Photography. Not only does she take amazing pictures, but we had so much fun the whole day. It was relaxed and laid-back...exactly how every photo shoot should be!

We decided to go to El Matador Beach in Malibu for our all-American inspired shoot. I've always heard how beautiful this place is, with it's huge rock formations and beautiful water, but it wasn't until this weekend that I was finally able to see it for myself. At 7:30 am (on a Saturday no less...) we were up and on our way! With a double shot of espresso of course :) 

Getting to the beach so early gave us great lighting, but it also helped us avoid the crowds on a typical summer Saturday in Cali. If you plan your own trip to El Matador, it's a good idea to arrive early morning while the tide is low. This way you can really see all the beautiful rock formations and caves that make this place truly unique.

Now on to that red, white, and blue style! This Ralph Lauren swimsuit is exactly what I was looking for to get in the 4th of July spirit. The quality of fabric is top notch, making this one of my new favorites. It was so comfortable to wear, and somehow it still looks brand new even after a whole day of shooting at the beach. I think it's safe to say this won't be the last Ralph Lauren suit I add to my closet.

And that flower crown... LOVE! I've been wanting to try my hand at this DIY trend for quite some time, and I finally found the motivation to actually sit down and make one. Now the only problem is that I want to wear it everywhere I go!










 {{Swimsuit: Ralph Lauren// Sunglasses: Aldo// 
Flower Crown: Handmade by me! }}


What's your 4th of July style?!



Thank you all for your comments and encouraging words!! 
Your support means the world to me, I love hearing from you!!

Labels:

14 Comments:

At July 2, 2014 at 11:38 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Cute suit! Great job on your flower crown too! These photos certainly do capture that 'Fun In The Sun - 4th of July Spirit'. I didn't realize how beautiful El Matador beach was! Awesome photo shoot :)

 
At July 2, 2014 at 11:46 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks! We had so much fun, it's such a beautiful little hidden beach. Perfect for photo shoots or to just kick back and relax with friends and family.

 
At July 2, 2014 at 1:47 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! How stinkin' precious are you?! I just stumbled upon you blog, and I am loving it! Girl that flower crown is to die for! You definitely need to do your own tutorial on how to make one!! LOVE!

xo,
Brittney Marie
Pretty Little Pursuits

 
At July 2, 2014 at 9:01 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you Brittney! That's a good idea, I should do a tutorial! If nothing else it's an excuse to make myself another one! :)

 
At July 3, 2014 at 7:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh em gee! I just stumbled on your blog today and I am so in love with your hair! Is it naturally curly or do you curl it? If so, how?! It's so perfect.

 
At July 3, 2014 at 9:36 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Gabrielle! Thank you so much! Naturally, my hair has a soft wave to it. My sister is the one who got the gorgeous curls :) For this photo shoot I curled every piece, but other times I just 'scrunch' it with some product to get a more natural wave/curl. To get the curled look I did in the photos: wrap small sections of your hair around a one inch curling iron, hold for about 5 seconds, then release the strand and spritz it with your favorite hair spray! I hope that helps! :)

 
At July 3, 2014 at 12:31 PM , Blogger Laynah said...

GORGEOUS shoot and suit! Love love this whole thing

 
At July 3, 2014 at 1:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you Laynah!

 
At July 7, 2014 at 9:26 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Great shot girl!

xx,
Marie

LivRiot
Follow LivRiot on Instagram!

 
At July 7, 2014 at 10:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Marie! :)

 
At July 8, 2014 at 2:48 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Your swimsuit is fabulous, great shot!
http://fashion-soup.com/

 
At July 8, 2014 at 9:02 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you! I was so happy when I found it at Bloomingdale's. Such great quality!

 
At September 2, 2014 at 1:41 PM , Blogger Jessi said...

What a babe!! You're smoking girl! Love these shots and that gorgeous floral crown!!

Jessi
www.haircutandgeneralattitude.com

 
At September 2, 2014 at 3:38 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Jessi! :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home