Design Life Diaries: Happy Father's Day!!

Monday, June 16, 2014

Happy Father's Day!!


Even though he didn't have any boys, my dad still got to do all the fun stuff with my sister and I as kids. We loved to play catch in the back yard, hit golf balls into the woods, cheer on the Detroit Tigers at baseball games, build snow forts, and eat lots of pizza.

His unending generosity to our whole family, not to mention my friends and pretty much anyone we know, is truly inspiring. It's an amazing character trait that I know he got from my Grandpa George. Together they are the most polite and giving duo in the world! He's always provided above and beyond for the family in so many ways, and I don't think we can ever thank you enough for all your hard work and long hours.


One of my favorite things about my parents is they aren't afraid to be silly and laugh at themselves. Laughter was always a huge part of our family growing up. I remember when I was younger, if I was able to make my parents genuinely laugh....not just a polite laugh, but a true, hearty laugh... I felt so accomplished! 

Last but not least, my dad is always encouraging me to do what I love and to strive for great things. And like any good dad he lets me know that I'm great at something not just by his words, but through his actions. Like letting me move cross-country to branch out on my own and study fashion, even if that meant we were thousands of miles apart.

Whether he's rocking out on the keyboard, falling asleep during a movie, letting me beat him in a game of chess, or making up silly games to entertain us (sock basketball anyone?), he is seriously awesome.

So I just wanted to say.......

AND




Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home