Design Life Diaries: Style: One Skirt, Three Ways

Friday, May 30, 2014

Style: One Skirt, Three Ways

Design Life Diaries: One Skirt, Three Ways

Make the most out of your closet by creating different looks from one staple in your wardrobe. I recently found this neutral pleated skirt from a sample sale in downtown LA, and knew it would be a great foundation to build a ton of great outfits.

For all three looks, I added this light pink Coach purse because it's my absolute favorite bag right now. The color, the style... everything about it is sophisticated, classy, and easy to wear!


Design Life Diaries: One Skirt, Three Ways


Lunch with the Girls
Relaxed and carefree, this soft look is perfect for a lunch date with the girls. These low neutral heels are super comfortable and easy to walk in for window shopping or taking a stroll after lunch. 

A pulled back bun is hassle-free and looks great with racerback tank tops. For a more undone look, pull out some strands by your face and loosen up the bun by gently pulling on various areas of the loop.

Instead of tucking in your tank top, try tying it into a side knot for a fresh look. I love the added sparkle stripes of this otherwise muted grey tank. It adds just the right amount of fancy to my lunch-with-friends look.

Design Life Diaries: One Skirt, Three Ways

Design Life Diaries: One Skirt, Three Ways

Design Life Diaries: One Skirt, Three Ways

Design Life Diaries: One Skirt, Three Ways

Design Life Diaries: One Skirt, Three Ways

{{Top: Express, Necklace: Forever21, Bracelets: Bloomingdales, Skirt: Sample Sale, Shoes: Vince Camuto, Purse: Coach }}



Work Day
Clean and professional, this outfit is perfect for the office. The neutral color palette is ideal for the workplace, but the polka-dotted top keeps it feeling fun and unique. I'm always a fan of adding in some style and personality!

You might recognize those black bowed Steve Madden heels from a few style posts ago. They are so adorable, I always find myself reaching for them when I need a fun staple.

I like to keep my hair pulled back at work to keep stray hairs out of my face so I can see and be productive! For years, this easy 'poof' has been my usual. It keeps my shorter layers in place, but stays relaxed with the the rest of my hair left down in loose waves.

Design Life Diaries: One Skirt, Three Ways

Design Life Diaries: One Skirt, Three Ways

Design Life Diaries: One Skirt, Three Ways

Design Life Diaries: One Skirt, Three Ways

Design Life Diaries: One Skirt, Three Ways

{{Top: Olivia Moon; Bloomingdales, Earrings: Banana Republic, 
Bracelets: Bloomingdales, Skirt: Sample Sale, 
Shoes: Steve Madden; (hand me down), Purse: Coach }}


Date Night
This look is ultra feminine and flirty. I've always loved lace, and I've recently been loving crop tops (if you haven't noticed ;) ), so this laced crop top was love at first sight for me. I actually purchased it in London, which makes it even more of a favorite of mine.

For chilly nights, or if you'd like a little extra coverage, add a cute coverup to your outfit. Sometimes I like to ditch the traditional blazer or jacket in favor of a button-down collared shirt like this one from Banana Republic. It keeps your look a little more relaxed for casual date nights.

Design Life Diaries: One Skirt, Three Ways

Design Life Diaries: One Skirt, Three Ways

Design Life Diaries: One Skirt, Three Ways

Design Life Diaries: One Skirt, Three WaysDesign Life Diaries: One Skirt, Three Ways

Design Life Diaries: One Skirt, Three Ways

And those shoes! A slight splurge for sure, but Vera Wang's amazing style and design make it all worth it. I call this my elevated neutral heel because it's a little more fashion-forward than a traditional nude pump. 

Design Life Diaries: One Skirt, Three Ways 
Design Life Diaries: One Skirt, Three Ways

{{Top: Top Shop, Necklace: Forever21, Bracelets: Bloomingdales, 
Skirt: Sample Sale, Shoes: Vera Wang; Nordstrom, Shirt: Banana Republic, Purse: Coach }}


It's so fun to create multiple looks with a common piece of your closet. I love all three of these outfits; it's so hard to pick a favorite! Chris likes the Date Night look the best, so I guess that one wins for me. :)



Which one is your favorite?!




Labels:

12 Comments:

At May 31, 2014 at 2:44 PM , Blogger Chereen said...

I LOVE the way you've styled this skirt! I'm battling to pick a favourite… though I'm also really into crop tops at the moment, so if I HAD to pick, I'd go with your date night outfit ;)

Chereen | forthebeautyofit.co.za

 
At June 1, 2014 at 12:34 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love that skirt! The color is so beautiful and it can be styled in so many ways like you did. I especially like the second outfit because I think the polkadots really go well together with the color of the skirt. But all three are gorgeous!
Would you like to check out my blog?
http://chapterofstyle.wordpress.com/

 
At June 2, 2014 at 1:31 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm loving those polkadots! So hard to choose a favorite - I also love the layered crop look. A smart and simple way to transition from a warm, sunny day to a cooler evening out on the town.

 
At June 2, 2014 at 3:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Great styling tips and excellent snag on the sample sale skirt -- so cute!! My favorite is the Date Night look, though I'm really drawn to the polka dots in the Work Day look, and I think I have a tank top similar to the Lunch With The Girls look, ha! You could really easily transition from work to date night with this outfit - I like that! Really LOVE those date night heels too! :)

 
At June 3, 2014 at 1:20 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

Love all of these outfits!!! I can't pick just one!! You are so good at mix and matching the pieces you have and at snagging great deals!! I always look forward to these posts!! Great tips I can apply to my own closet :)

 
At June 3, 2014 at 5:43 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

I love it with the sequins - so pretty!

xx Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

 
At June 4, 2014 at 2:53 PM , Blogger Kathy said...

That Olivia Moon top is everything!! Date Night has gotta be my fav, although all are great. &not to mention your hair looks extra fab! ;)

 
At June 4, 2014 at 9:05 PM , Blogger Sparlingo said...

Your face is unfair. No person should be allowed to be THAT beautiful! :).

 
At June 6, 2014 at 10:45 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Chereen! I think that one is my favorite as well. Crop tops just make everything cuter in my opinion! :)

 
At June 6, 2014 at 10:50 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Joyce! I love anything with polkadots :) Your blog is really cute, I added you on BlogLovin' !

 
At June 25, 2014 at 9:36 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks! Makeup helps ;) Plus my hubby is a pretty good photographer!

 
At June 25, 2014 at 9:41 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Sample sales are my obsession! You can get so many great pieces for a great deal :) The date night heels were a little bit of a splurge for me, but I love them and wear them all the time!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home