Design Life Diaries: Happy Mother's Day!

Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!


I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday celebrating loved ones. Or perhaps you were the one being celebrated and pampered by family!! To ALL the moms out there working hard every day to care for and raise their kids or grandkids, we salute you!

To my mom specifically:
You are an absolutely beautiful, loving, caring, extremely organized, strong Christian woman who is always there to listen to our stories and help solve any problems. You are an amazing mom for so many reasons, but there are some specific things that come to mind....

* For planning the best, most creative birthday parties with themes, prizes, games, homemade treats, and always tons of fun.
* For every time I brought you a jersey that needed to be washed for a game in two hours. And you somehow always made it happen!
* For every time I brought home a frog to take care of and you humored me by making them a home in the kiddie pool.
* Because you taught me how to play basketball and volleyball, and were always my number one fan.
* That time Kristin and I "found" a stray cat... AKA bought one from a neighbor down the street.
* The ongoing 'you need to practice the piano' battle.
* For all the care packages you've sent over the years that make us feel so loved- complete with themed wrapping paper and yummy treats.
* Because you helped me move out to California, and we had to sleep on the hard floor in my empty apartment because the moving truck was late.
* For all the carpets I ruined with hot glue creating DIY projects on the floor...
* Because you made me mini pancakes just the way I liked them when I was sick growing up.
*For making the BEST chili and BEST meatloaf in the entire world...and then teaching us how to make it for our future families.
*All the times you had to wake me up for school in the morning and I was less than pleasant. Or I would fall asleep again in my closet!
* For taking care of the accident-prone child that I was...
* And for all the other ups and downs of raising two spunky, quarreling, energetic, hopefully entertaining, wild-child daughters who love you more than anything in the world!!



And we can't forget you too Grandma Terry! For always encouraging us to be creative, always making us laugh, and teaching us to not take life too seriously. Not to mention you taught us to sew, sing, and be ourselves!


I hope you all gave your mom a big hug for everything she's done and continues to do in your lives. Mine lives across the country, so air hugs will have to do until we see each other in person :) It's such a blessing to have loving parents, and I never want to take it for granted!



Labels:

1 Comments:

At May 16, 2014 at 10:01 AM , Blogger Kristin said...

Agreed!! Best mom EVER!! Well said :) xo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home