Design Life Diaries: Beach Day

Monday, April 21, 2014

Beach Day


One of my bucket list items this year would definitely be to get to the beach more often. We are so blessed to live in an amazing place with gorgeous beaches, yet we don't take advantage of it as often as we should. 


I'm not talking about the overcrowded beaches surrounding Santa Monica Pier, but the amazingly beautiful (and much less frequented) beaches above and below it.

As the weather has been getting warmer, we've been itching to get out to the water and just relax. There's something so soothing about ocean waves, blue skies, and warm sunshine. I'm pretty sure I'm not the first one to make that statement, but it doesn't make it any less true! 

I don't know how, but as soon as you are north of Santa Monica the water becomes bluer, and the beaches are much more quiet and serene.


This particular day I went to Will Roger's Beach to do some writing. Armed with my favorite floppy hat, aviators, and fresh strawberries to snack on, I was ready to buckle down and get to work!

It's a great beach to avoid the tourists of the Santa Monica Pier and 3rd Street Promenade (which are still great places to go if you are visiting California!). 

Sometimes you just want that deserted beach feel, and this is the perfect place to get it.

It made me excited to explore the coastline this summer, and all the adventures that will come with it!



What are you looking forward to this summer?!



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home