Design Life Diaries: Grease Lightning

Friday, April 4, 2014

Grease Lightning

Design Life Diaries: Cinema Style Inspiration from Grease
This weekend I wanted to liven up my look with a little cinema inspiration. When I first saw this off the shoulder crop top I immediately pictured the last carnival scene in Grease. Nothing like adding some edge to your style! 

I decided to modernize Sandy's look by switching out the leather pants in favor of this high-waisted, form fitting grey skirt. I kept the big curls but brought them up to date with a middle part and textured strands. 

To accessorize this monochromatic look, I chose gold jewelry and an oversized silver and gold studded clutch. The clutch was an amazing find at downtown's Cali Mart sample that takes place each month. So many good deals, but more on that later...

Last but not least are those adorable Steve Madden black bow heels! Being a good 3-4 inches taller than most of my friends, I rarely find a good shoe buddy to trade or swap collections. Luckily, the always stylish Kathy is my same shoe size and she recently cleaned out her closet. Jackpot! 


Design Life Diaries: Cinema Style #grease #croptop

Design Life Diaries: Cinema Style #grease #croptop

Design Life Diaries: Cinema Style #grease #croptop

Design Life Diaries: Cinema Style #grease #croptopDesign Life Diaries: Cinema Style #grease #bowheels

After dinner, Chris and I met up with some of our favorite people at the Den in Hollywood. Cheers to the weekend!





Labels:

2 Comments:

At April 4, 2014 at 10:18 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Cute!! Love this entire 'head to toe' style!

 
At April 16, 2014 at 9:34 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks! I love getting great hand-me-downs from friends!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home