Design Life Diaries: DLD Goes to Florida!

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

DLD Goes to Florida!


Last weekend Chris and I headed cross-country for my Grandpa's annual birthday get-together in Florida. For three years, we've all traveled from around the U.S. to celebrate my family's patriarch. 

Tons of good food and wine, fishing, shopping, and beach time always make for a great weekend with everyone. One new thing we added to the list this year was having professional family photos taken on the beach. I'm excited to get them back from the photographer soon, it will be such a great keepsake for all of us!










I love going on trips with Chris because no matter where we are, it's as if we have a piece of home that's always with us. I could be in Cali, Florida, Europe, or Timbuktu and still be happy as a clam if this guy is by my side. I love that he is kind and loving towards my family as well. I'll never stop being in awe of how blessed I am to have him in my life, let alone call him my husband. Ok I'm done with all the mushy talk, I promise! ;)


As always, we snuck in a little parenting practice with my niece and nephew. They are getting so big!

Instead of our usual deep sea fishing for grouper and red snapper, we opted to do a little shark fishing this year. Even though they were on the smaller side, they were ridiculously strong and had some pretty sharp chompers. 

It's pretty crazy to say that I've actually held a shark...maybe this post should be filed under 'bucket list'! This particular shark is a bonnethead (shovelhead) shark. We also caught some blacktip and mako sharks. After we snapped a few pics we set them free :) 





Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home