Design Life Diaries: Gold Stripes and Pink Pumps

Friday, July 18, 2014

Gold Stripes and Pink Pumps




Chris and I decided to go on an impromptu date night to one of our favorite restaurants, Pizzeria Mozza. Before we left, Chris mentioned that my outfit was 'blogworthy' so we decided to snap a few pics! I know, I know... more floral clothes! But what can I say? They are everywhere this summer, and I can't seem to get enough! This peplum top is an easy way to add a little sass to your outfit, and I also find that it's pretty flattering on a wide range of body types.

You also may have noticed that I've been heavily into Michael Kors lately. Whether it's a purse or a pair of shoes, I find myself gravitating towards items at Bloomingdale's or Nordstrom, only to discover the brand is Michael Kors. I'm not complaining, especially during big holiday sales like the ones over 4th of July weekend...which is exactly how I scored these adorable bright pink pumps.

The black shorts are another great sample sale find (which reminds me that I'm due for another trip to the CaliMart!) I love that they are fancy enough to wear out to dinner, but you could also dress them down with a plain white T-shirt for a relaxed daytime look.






{{Peplum Top: Xhilaration // Shorts: S.Y.L.K // Clutch: Sample Sale //
 Necklace: Kate Spade // Sunglasses: Aldo }}






Labels:

6 Comments:

At July 21, 2014 at 9:59 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

I'm loving the Kate Spade necklace!

If you have a moment, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest outfit post!
http://www.bohochiccafe.com

 
At July 21, 2014 at 10:55 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Sarah! I can't seem to get enough of the Kate Spade jewelry!

 
At July 22, 2014 at 8:13 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love this outfit (cute cute skirt)… maybe by adding a cute little loose woven sweater it could be worn in the autumn months as well (LA autumn of course lol) . There's nothing like a splash of fushia to bring a little springtime to an otherwise cooler, cloudy autumn day!

 
At July 22, 2014 at 4:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I couldn't agree more! Adding a sweater would be a great way to transition this look into fall! Thanks for the suggestion :)

 
At August 14, 2014 at 3:30 PM , Blogger Lindsey A. Turner said...

You are so beautiful! Love those lace shorts!

Lindsey
Thrift and Shout

 
At August 14, 2014 at 4:08 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Lindsay! They are so comfortable too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home