Design Life Diaries: Follow Me On Instagram!

Monday, August 11, 2014

Follow Me On Instagram!


Hey everyone! If you follow me on Instagram already, you know that Chris and I spent the weekend on Catalina Island. Leave it to me to forget my nice camera at home...eek! I was left to using my iphone camera all weekend, but that meant I was able to post to Instagram more often!!

Catalina was tiring, but great! We went camping on the Island, which meant we had to carry everything we brought on our backs! The campsite was over a mile away from town, so we definitely got in some good exercise. My genius of a husband brought a pop-up tent, that literally transforms into a tent like magic, no messing with hooks or poles required! He's pretty awesome :)

On the boat ride over to the island, it was very cloudy and cold, so we were a bit concerned about having a rainy weekend. Once the boat was closer to the island, the clouds literally formed a circle opening around the island and we crossed over into bright sunshine! It felt like we were arriving to The Island from Lost, and I wasn't sure we would be able to leave! haha.

We played hours of beach volleyball that I'm still feeling in my calves two days later. It was so much fun, and I forgot how much I miss playing! I might look into joining an intramural team here if I can find one. For dinner we grilled (of course!) burgers and hotdogs and later had s'mores for dessert. 

The craziest part for me was that there were three or four deer that walked right through our campsite! Being from Michigan, I've seen my fair share of deer, but always from a distance. The moment they they would see you, their tails went up and off they ran. But here, they must be so used to people that we didn't even seem to bother them. The next day I was taking a nap (the best nap EVER by the way!) and I opened my eyes to see a little deer a foot away from me staring at me. I jumped, which made him jump, and then he took off running haha. 

So that was our weekend! What did you do this weekend?! 


And if you're not already following me on Instagram, get connected!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At August 11, 2014 at 1:41 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like you two had quite an exciting but relaxing time on Catalina Island! And what a beautiful picture! I think I may be a little jealous…. no, actually a LOT jealous LOL

 
At August 11, 2014 at 2:17 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

It has been on my bucket list for as long as I've been living in Cali, so it was great to finally get there and experience it!

 
At August 12, 2014 at 11:04 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I just hit the 'imaginary' like button :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home