Design Life Diaries: Life and Style Linkup: Beachwear

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Life and Style Linkup: Beachwear


Hey everyone! For this week's linkup we are showcasing our summer beachwear. Let's see those cute coverups, summer sunglasses, and of course some stylish swimsuits! Chelsey and Cristina were in Laguna this past weekend, which reminded me it's been too long since I've been there myself! 

Chris and I had so much fun at our beach picnic last week, you didn't have to twist our arm to get us back to Malibu so soon!
Armed with my self titled watermelon suit, heart sunnies, floppy hat, and of course some sunscreen, we headed down to our favorite beach. Once again, we had the place to ourselves this lovely morning and I'm not gonna lie, it was pretty wonderful.

Although the day started out slightly cloudy (which is great for pictures!), it only took a few hours for the sun to peak though, and we were sunbathing in no time. I've actually never been much of a 'lay out on your towel for hours' kind of girl. Call me antsy, but I just get too bored! Instead, I like to stroll along the beach, pass around a volleyball, or read a good book or magazine.

For my beach bag today, I used an old purse from a few years back that happened to go with my outfit. I like to get the most wears out of everything I own, so I down cycle older items to other roles. I've also used old clutches for makeup bags! 








{Swimsuit: Dianne's Swimwear // Coverup: Design Works // Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters // 
Necklace: Vintage // Bracelet: Beach Bunny //Shoes: Michael Kors // Hat: Target // Beach Purse: B. Makowsky }


Congratulations to our featured blogger 
from last week's Life and Style Linkup: NEON

Lindsey A. Turner from Thrift and Shout!

How cute is her Neon floral dress?! 
Check out her blog where she gives the budget
 breakdown of each of her outfits- Love it!!






Linkup Beachwear

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

At August 27, 2014 at 9:35 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so into lacey things these days and just love your cover up! Cute suit underneath to boot! I think your blog posts of late have rekindled my love for lace lol Once again beautiful location...Beautiful girl :)

 
At August 27, 2014 at 9:44 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks! :D I know, I just can't seem to get away from lace...or white for that matter! lol Only a few days until labor day, I suppose I'm trying to get it all out of my system ;)

 
At August 27, 2014 at 9:51 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I've also been wanting to say for some time now….Kudos! to your photographer! So often I feel as though I'm right there on location with you. Crisp, clean and inviting to say the very least! What a talented and creative pair the two of you are! :)

 
At August 27, 2014 at 10:20 AM , Blogger A Labour of Life said...

love the suit but today I am at work so... the dress has been worn as a coverup though so it kind of counts

 
At August 27, 2014 at 11:27 AM , Blogger Lindsey A. Turner said...

Hi Kelsie! Thanks so much for the feature!

Lindsey
Thrift and Shout

 
At August 27, 2014 at 12:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, that works! I use some of my dresses as coverups too :)

 
At August 27, 2014 at 12:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Absolutely! Thanks for linking up with us, we loved your neon look!

 
At August 27, 2014 at 12:27 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Isn't he great?! :D I love having my hubby as the photographer, it keeps me relaxed and stress-free!

 
At August 28, 2014 at 1:22 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

LOVE that cover up AND your HAIR!!!!!!!!! Just perfect scenery too :)

 
At August 28, 2014 at 4:19 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Kristin! I actually just bought a new Bumble and Bumble hairspray and it keeps my curls in tact the whole day without looking crunchy! It's called Bb spray de mode :)

 
At September 1, 2014 at 4:04 PM , Blogger Krystin Tysire said...

Thanks for letting me link up! Great blog :)

http://girlinbetsey.blogspot.ca/2014/08/dainty-dressing.html

 
At September 1, 2014 at 6:57 PM , Blogger Laura B said...

What a fantastic swimsuit cover up! You look amazing and I love your hair! Thanks for linking up with Confident Twosday!

 
At September 2, 2014 at 10:48 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for linking up Krystin! Love your summer look!

 
At September 2, 2014 at 10:48 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Laura! :)

 
At September 2, 2014 at 2:42 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Looks amazing… great beach hair and rocking body doll !
kisses from Miami,
Borka
www.chicfashionworld.com

 
At September 2, 2014 at 3:01 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You're so sweet, thank you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home