Design Life Diaries: Side French Braid Tutorial

Friday, September 12, 2014

Side French Braid Tutorial

Design Life Diaries: Side French Braid Tutorial #howto #hair #beauty

Hello beauties! Today is a new first on DLD... my very first video tutorial!! I was so happy that many of you have commented and emailed your requests for a tutorial on this hairstyle (as seen in this style post), and I wanted it to be as simple and easy to follow as I could possibly make it. 

This braid is surprisingly simple to do, and if you already mastered a normal french braid it will be even easier. I found that the key to keeping layers in place, while avoiding that heavy hairspray look is to use a lightweight hairspray throughout the braid instead of a strong hold hairspray or no hairspray at all. It's a good balance, and really made a difference when creating this style!

You'll notice a few glitches here and there... my camera turned off three times during filming and I'm still learning the editing software. I'm hoping I've figured out enough tips and tricks this time around, so the next tutorial will go off without a hitch! I definitely discovered I'll be needing a microphone and a few other things if I'm going to keep going with these, so sorry about the muffled sound! It's a learning process, but disclaimers aside, here it is!

You can view the video below, and feel free to head over to my new YouTube Channel and subscribe!



So, what did you ladies think? Would you like to see more tutorials like this on the blog? Let me know in the comments or in an email, and I hope you can put this cute and easy hairstyle to use this weekend!


Labels: ,

30 Comments:

At September 12, 2014 at 7:50 AM , Blogger Jen @ South in the City said...

Loved the tutorial!! Looks easy enough...I hope haha I'd love a tutorial on applying makeup, you always look so great!! :)

 
At September 12, 2014 at 8:18 AM , Blogger Ronee said...

Such a great tutorial. I'm not too adventurous with my hairstyles, but I'm definitely going to have to try this one out.

 
At September 12, 2014 at 9:22 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Absolutely LOVE the tutorial Kelsie! I will definitely be checking those products out! I love how that sea salt spray gave you such texture!

 
At September 12, 2014 at 1:15 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Jennifer! I'm glad you liked it :) A makeup tutorial is great idea! I am definitely not an expert on the subject, but I'd be happy to do a video on my go-to look!

 
At September 12, 2014 at 1:17 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Ronee! It would look great on you, let me know how it goes! :D

 
At September 12, 2014 at 1:19 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Cody, I'm so glad you like it! You would love the Sea Salt Spray, it's great for getting extra volume for curls too! Plus, it smells amazing. Every time I use it Chris tells me he likes my perfume lol

 
At September 12, 2014 at 1:34 PM , Blogger NewlyLoved said...

great tutorial!! I am totally going to give it a try
xo Jessica
www.NewlyLoved.com

 
At September 12, 2014 at 1:39 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome! Let me know how it goes!

 
At September 12, 2014 at 6:37 PM , Blogger Christina G said...

Super cute tutorial!! Can I have your hair?? ;) So gorg! XO

Christina
www.poshpair.com

 
At September 14, 2014 at 8:51 AM , Blogger SprinklesofStyle said...

Oh this is beautiful, your hair is gorgeous!!!!!! :)

Layla xx

www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

 
At September 14, 2014 at 4:19 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Girl I absolutely love this tutorial! I am so excited about your Youtube channel!! I will definitely be subscribing!! Ps. Your hair is sooo gorgeous?! And no hair extensions?! LOVEEE!
xo,
Brittney Marie
Pretty Little Pursuits

 
At September 15, 2014 at 7:26 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Christina! :D

 
At September 15, 2014 at 7:26 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you, you're so sweet!

 
At September 15, 2014 at 7:34 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Brittney! That makes me so happy you want to subscribe!! :D

 
At September 15, 2014 at 11:02 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Your braid looks amazing! Can't wait to check out the tutorial and try it myself!

Emily at Style Cubby

 
At September 15, 2014 at 11:27 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Emily! I hope the tutorial is helpful!

 
At September 15, 2014 at 11:58 AM , Blogger Lisabella Russo said...

What a beautiful hairstyle! Just lovely!

 
At September 15, 2014 at 12:07 PM , Blogger Angela Amores said...

Love your side braid hair tutorial! Such a pretty look. Can't wait to do something similar for the fall. :)
Angela
www.prettyinherpearls.com

 
At September 15, 2014 at 8:07 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

Oh my goodness, what a pretty look!

xx Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

 
At September 16, 2014 at 1:57 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Lisa!

 
At September 16, 2014 at 1:57 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Kelly! :D

 
At September 16, 2014 at 1:57 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Angela! I'll be posting more things for fall as well! :)

 
At September 16, 2014 at 4:35 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Fabulous dear! great hair tutorial ... you are beauitful!
kisses from Miami,
Borka
www.chicfashionworld.com

 
At September 16, 2014 at 7:47 PM , Blogger Jess said...

What a gorgeous braid! Thanks for sharing! :)

 
At September 17, 2014 at 1:15 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks girl! :) :)

 
At September 17, 2014 at 1:15 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

You are so welcome! I hope to get a few more tutorials up this month! :D

 
At September 17, 2014 at 7:12 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

Oh my goodness you make that so easy!! And that video is amazing!! Loved it!! I may need to try this for a wedding I have next week :)

 
At September 17, 2014 at 8:38 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome, can't wait to see it! :D

 
At September 24, 2014 at 1:50 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

You have the perfect hair for this style!

 
At September 24, 2014 at 2:16 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Michelle! Sometimes I think about cutting it, but I know I would miss the versatility! Then again there are always extensions, and that way you get the best of both worlds! :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home