Design Life Diaries: Life and Style Linkup: Booties

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Life and Style Linkup: Booties

Design LIfe Diaries #linkup #fall #booties #hat

Chris and I went to Chicago last weekend, where we traded the high 90's of California for some much cooler 50's and 60's temperatures. Let me just say, I was pretty excited about this! Packing for the trip I was digging through drawers and closets to find all my favorite fall items. Not to mention a great dark lip to complete that chilly weather look! 

Perfect timing for our fall booties linkup too! I think this is the first linkup where Christina, Chelsey, and I actually differed quite a bit in our outfits. We had a pretty long streak of unintentionally matching, I suppose it had to end sometime! Check out their cute fall looks here.

Dressing for fall in warmer climates can be tricky. You want to wear the fall trends, but sometimes the weather just won't let you bundle up from head to toe. My solution is to pick a few winter accessories and pair it with something that is compatible with the warmer weather. This lightweight grey dress would be too cold to wear in Chicago, but it's great for climates that have yet to get the 'it's almost fall' memo.

Booties are a great way to make any outfit transfer from summer to fall. I know I say this a lot, but these particular shoes are so comfortable. So comfortable in fact, that I like to wear them when traveling through the airport because they are easy to walk in, they look super cute, and they are easy to slip off and on through security. I also wore them all around downtown Chicago and never had a problem.

I bought this hat from Target last year, and I quite possibly wore it the whole winter. I love the way fall hats look with big full curls, and let's be honest...who needs dry shampoo when you can just throw a beanie on your head? Yep, so many great things about fall! For my curls today I used a flat iron, and that awkward hand twirl is getting much less, well, awkward! I think with a bit more practice, this could be a go-to look for early mornings!

Last but not least is my favorite leather jacket. I don't know why, but ever since I was little I've always loved the look of a leather jacket. My parents bought me one for my twelfth birthday and I. was. ecstatic. Fast forward to today, and I felt so proud when I could finally afford a really nice one as a 'successful' adult (whatever that means!). I swear, it makes any outfit I wear look instantly 2 points cooler on the style scale.

Design LIfe Diaries #linkup #fall #booties #hat #fallcolors

Design LIfe Diaries #linkup #fall #booties #hat

Design LIfe Diaries #linkup #fall #booties #hat

Design LIfe Diaries #linkup #fall #booties #hat

Design LIfe Diaries #linkup #fall #booties #hatDesign Life Diaries #linkup #fall #curls #statement #lips

Design LIfe Diaries #linkup #fall #booties #hat

{Dress: Victoria Secret // Jacket: Bernardo // Shoes: Target // Hat: Target // Purse: Deux Lux // Watch: Guess // Necklace: Forever21}

Speaking of leather jackets, check out our featured blogger from last week's 
Life and Style Linkup: Animal Print

Bethany
from 


I can't get over how cute her leopard track pants are! Not to mention those amazing shoes...and the jacket...and her hair! We just love her whole look, so make sure to check out her blog and show it some love!!




booties

Labels: ,

23 Comments:

At September 17, 2014 at 5:25 AM , Blogger Jasmin daily said...

Love this whole look, I wore a similar style grey dress on the blog this week and now I need to try it out with a pair of booties! Thanks for the fashion inspiration xox

Jasmin
www.jasmindaily.com

 
At September 17, 2014 at 8:51 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I just saw that one, and you're right it would look great with a pair of ankle booties! I love the stilettos you wore with it too though! Very office chic :)

 
At September 17, 2014 at 11:20 AM , Blogger SprinklesofStyle said...

Absolutely gorgeous, all the looks are equally beautiful! :)

Layla xx

www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

 
At September 17, 2014 at 1:42 PM , Blogger Shauna said...

Love, love, love!!

xo-Shauna
www.lipglossandlace.net

 
At September 17, 2014 at 3:08 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Layla!

 
At September 17, 2014 at 3:09 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Shauna!

 
At September 17, 2014 at 5:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

What a cute hat Kelsie! Love all three outfits!

 
At September 17, 2014 at 7:04 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!! Are these flat iron curls??

 
At September 17, 2014 at 8:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you!! It's my favorite, I can't wait to get more like it this fall/winter!

 
At September 17, 2014 at 8:36 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yes! They are flat iron curls, but I made these ones a little looser than normal for a more relaxed look :)

 
At September 18, 2014 at 6:05 AM , Blogger Straight A Style said...

I am all about this link up because I love booties! I've worn them twice this week.

xo, Amy Ann
The Real Arnolds

 
At September 18, 2014 at 10:38 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love the way you styled this look!! So cute!

Emily at Style Cubby

 
At September 18, 2014 at 12:28 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Me too! As soon as it cools down here, I'll be wearing them almost every day! :D

 
At September 18, 2014 at 12:29 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Emily! :)

 
At September 18, 2014 at 3:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Your outfit is perfect and so is your hair! You look absolutely gorgeous!

Michaela || The Monogrammed Midwesterner

 
At September 18, 2014 at 4:07 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Michaela! You're so sweet!!

 
At September 18, 2014 at 11:10 PM , Blogger Fash Boulevard said...

completely in love with these looks, ladies. Gorgeous!

 
At September 19, 2014 at 6:23 AM , Blogger Cate @ Wild Ruffle said...

Well, first of all - how cute are you?? So glad I found your blog. Love all three looks, and your hat is an adorable addition to the dress and jacket.

 
At September 19, 2014 at 11:49 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Cate, I'm glad you like it!! :)

 
At September 21, 2014 at 6:20 PM , Blogger Kelly Mock said...

Love the booties! All very cute!

 
At September 22, 2014 at 10:38 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Kelly!

 
At September 29, 2014 at 11:41 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Such cute booties, they would go with everything! I love how you paired it with a grey dress and beanie!

XO Chelsea http://www.shesaidhesaidfashion.com/

 
At September 29, 2014 at 1:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Chelsea, you're so sweet!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home