Design Life Diaries: Life and Style Linkup: Patterns

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Life and Style Linkup: Patterns


Florals, Stripes, Plaid- you name it! This week's linkup is all about patterns! I decided I wanted to wear my favorite pattern combo: stripes and polka-dots! It's everywhere on Pinterest right now, and I personally would wear polka dots everyday if I could. Plaid is my other fall time favorite, which the lovely ladies at Posh Pair seem to agree!

We visited the outlets this past weekend, where I found this super cute navy polka-dotted sweater from Banana Republic. On sale, it was pretty hard to pass up. I can't skip over that amazing turquoise Michael Kors bag either! I love turquoise and navy together in any season, and fall is no exception. My ever-generous dad strikes again, and gave me this amazing purse. Best dad ever!

As you can see I'm sneaking in more and more fall items. For today's look I was able to get away with layers. Paired with a short skirt, the sweater and collared shirt provide a good balance of fall time without getting overheated in the warm weather.

Make sure to scroll to the bottom of the post to linkup for a chance to be featured the following week!





{Sweater: Banana Republic // Shirt: Banana Republic // Skirt: Top Shop // Shoes: Express // Purse: Michael Kors // Earrings: Bebe // Watch: Michael Kors }

Congratulations to our featured blogger from last week's Life and Style Linkup: Fall Free for All

Kacie from Regally Soled


Loving her whole look here, so cute!!



patterns

Labels: ,

24 Comments:

At October 1, 2014 at 10:30 AM , Blogger Lindsay said...

your pattern mixing is darling! love the shades of blue on you!
xo Lindsay
middleofsomewhereblog.blogspot.com

 
At October 1, 2014 at 1:37 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Lindsay!

 
At October 1, 2014 at 2:12 PM , Blogger Becky M said...

Love your pattern mixing!! It's so pretty - anything navy and white is a win!

www.madeintheshadeblog.com

 
At October 1, 2014 at 4:42 PM , Blogger Jasmin daily said...

In love with this look, so not something I would think to pattern mix but I love it!

xo, Jasmin
www.jasmindaily.com

 
At October 1, 2014 at 4:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Becky! I totally agree :D

 
At October 1, 2014 at 4:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Jasmin! :D

 
At October 1, 2014 at 9:11 PM , Blogger Karina Casillas said...

Love the way you paired the two together, so effortlessly chic!

xo, Kina
CHECK OUT MY LATEST!
thelovelylook.com

 
At October 2, 2014 at 12:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Karina!

 
At October 2, 2014 at 3:20 PM , Blogger Straight A Style said...

Love your stripes and polka dots! You look beautiful. My recent post is all about stripes too. I have been obsessing over stripes, plaid, and windowpane for this fall. Great link up topic.

xo, Amy Ann
The Real Arnolds

 
At October 2, 2014 at 3:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yes!! Same here, I want everything plaid, stripes and polka-dots! Thanks Amy!

 
At October 2, 2014 at 3:29 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

LOVE your pattern mixing!

 
At October 2, 2014 at 7:12 PM , Blogger Lauren said...

Kelsie, I don't think I've seen polka dots and stripes done so well! You look absolutely fabulous. Adore this look.

Lauren xo
Sophisticated In Style

 
At October 2, 2014 at 7:40 PM , Blogger Shannon Jenkins said...

Gorgeous girl! Love how you mixed your patterns and that sweater is too cute! Ps I linked up! :)

<3 Shannon
upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

 
At October 2, 2014 at 8:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Michelle!

 
At October 2, 2014 at 8:36 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Your so sweet, thanks Lauren!

 
At October 2, 2014 at 8:36 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome, thanks for linking up with us! :D

 
At October 2, 2014 at 9:39 PM , Blogger Amanda @ A Good Hue said...

LOVE your outfit! Thanks so much for inviting me to your linkup :)

 
At October 2, 2014 at 11:59 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Amanda, and you are so welcome :D We hope to see you back every week!

 
At October 3, 2014 at 5:52 AM , Blogger Rebecca said...

OMG Kelsie - this outfit is the genius in prints and pattern mixing! I can't get over how adorable and in harmony everything is - not to mention how amazing your HAIR is!!! Thanks for the invite to your linkup - I sure will see you hopefully every Wed! I am pinning your picture too!

Rebecca
www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

 
At October 3, 2014 at 6:06 AM , Blogger awhite said...

Too cute, doll! Love a good print mix. Thanks for letting me link up!

-Ashley
Le Stylo Rouge

 
At October 3, 2014 at 8:17 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Too fab!!! Such a great way to style different patterns together.

If you have a second I would love to hear your thoughts on my most recent blog post. XXOO

www.kissthechic.com

 
At October 3, 2014 at 11:15 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Rebecca you are the best!! Thank you for everything!! Can't wait to see what you bring every Wednesday! :D

 
At October 3, 2014 at 11:16 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Ashley! And you are so welcome, come back next week too! :)

 
At October 3, 2014 at 1:40 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Polka dots and stripes….sooo cute! Love your color choices! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home