Design Life Diaries: DLD goes to Chicago

Friday, September 19, 2014

DLD goes to Chicago


Last weekend, Chris and I visited family in Chicago. As I mentioned on Wednesday, we were pretty happy with the chilly temperatures. It was over 100 degrees in LA that weekend, so it was great to escape the heat for a few days!

We stayed with his uncle, and were absolutely blown away by their hospitality. Every meal was homemade from scratch. From tikka masala with homemade Greek yogurt, to three kinds of ice cream (including green tea- yum!), to fresh grilled salmon and shrimp, and so much more. Oh and did I mention the homemade French rolls from scratch in the morning? AMAZING. It inspired me to get back into trying new recipes again. Lately I've been distracted with other projects!

On Saturday, we spent the day exploring the city a little bit with my sister-in-law and her husband. It seemed like every where you looked there was a beaming bride and groom. Perfect sunny weather for it too!

Last but not least, I was able to catch up with my friend from college and meet her adorable little baby girl. She was the sweetest thing, always smiling at everyone she saw. It made me miss my niece and nephew! 










To see more from our trip, and to stay up to date on all our shenanigans, follow me on Instagram!


Hope you all have a great weekend!



Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

At September 19, 2014 at 3:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

So glad you two had a great time with friends and family in the windy city. Love your pictures of Chicago :)

 
At September 19, 2014 at 6:53 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

This is making me so excited for fall temps to come our way!!!

 
At September 19, 2014 at 7:26 PM , Blogger Christina G said...

Aw, great pictures! I love Greek food so that sounds amazing. It's funny because I never had it until I met my husband and his family, and I think I like it more than him. Maybe it's because he grew up eating it...?? XO

Christina
www.poshpair.com

 
At September 19, 2014 at 11:25 PM , Blogger Valerie said...

Aw you guys look so cute! Lovely photos <3 My boyfriend went there a couple of years ago for work and absolutely loved it. I hope I get to go too one day :) xx

 
At September 20, 2014 at 12:42 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

It was great! I haven't been to Chicago in sooo long, it was fun to go back :)

 
At September 20, 2014 at 12:43 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Right?! Perfect hot coffee weather!

 
At September 20, 2014 at 12:44 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

We do too, so yummy! Hahaha that's probably true!

 
At September 20, 2014 at 12:45 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

My husband was there for work too! We just went a few days early to see family. It's a really pretty city, very clean compared to downtown LA lol

 
At September 22, 2014 at 12:14 AM , Blogger Sam said...

Fabulous photos, you two look adorable! Visiting from the I Would So Rock This link up.

Sammi@http://beautifuldreamerami.blogspot.com/

 
At September 22, 2014 at 9:52 AM , Blogger Ashley said...

Can I just say that you are making me so jealous with your cool weather clothes. I am so over this summer heat! It sounds like you had an amazing time and Chris' uncle sounds like an amazing host!

 
At September 22, 2014 at 10:39 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Sammi!

 
At September 22, 2014 at 10:43 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Haha well it was short lived, we came back to 90 degrees in LA lol And they really were amazing hosts, it was great!

 
At September 22, 2014 at 9:38 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Kelsie!

I found you through the I Would So Rock This linkup party! This is an adorable post and I have those same black booties (Target, yes?)! I've followed you on most of your social media accounts so hopefully I can see some more of your cute posts :)

I'd love for you to check out my blog and follow along too :)
www.happilyhowards.com

 
At September 23, 2014 at 11:29 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, Target!! I love them! And thanks for following, I'll have to check out your blog too! :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home