Design Life Diaries: Life and Style: Denim

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Life and Style: Denim


Today's linkup with Posh Pair is all about the denim. An all-American classic, it's hard not to love this versatile closet staple. This week I chose to showcase a new pair of boyfriend jeans I snagged from Nordstrom Rack. 

It was one of those shopping trips where I wasn't finding anything worth buying, and then out of nowhere, a pair of jeans on a random rack of sweaters caught my eye. Out of place, it was the only pair of jeans in sight, totally my style, and just happened to fit perfectly. Purchase! Love when things like that happen :D.

So, funny story about these Sam Edelman heels. I bought these beauties last year during the Nordstrom Anniversary sale. I kept them in their box in an effort to keep them nice and clean, and then completely forgot about them until I cleaned out my closet for our garage sale this summer. SO typical! On the one hand, I was bummed I didn't get to wear them for a whole year. On the other hand, it kind of felt like I just got a free pair of shoes...so I was actually pretty pumped!




{Top: Guess // Jeans: JOE's // Shoes: Sam Edelman // Watch: Michael Kors // Clutch: Aldo // Earrings: Banana Republic }

Congratulations to our featured blogger from last week's Life and Style Linkup: Patterns

Shannon from Upbeat Soles




Denim Linkup

Labels: ,

19 Comments:

At October 8, 2014 at 7:43 AM , Blogger Kristin said...

Oh my goodness I have been looking for a pair of boyfriend jeans!! I love these so much!! I was just at Nordstrom Rack and didn't see any at ours. Maybe I need to look with the sweaters next time :) :)

 
At October 8, 2014 at 7:51 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hahaha you should! I think that's the secret ;)

 
At October 8, 2014 at 9:18 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

The lace top and denim together are adorable! Love begin able to dress up boyfriend jeans to look so fab. Great heels too. xx, Conni

 
At October 8, 2014 at 10:10 AM , Blogger Lindsay said...

I am in love with that lace top! Such a perfect outfit :)
xo Lindsay
middleofsomewhereblog.blogspot.com

 
At October 8, 2014 at 10:28 AM , Blogger Brittany said...

I can not get over your hair. its fab. Sorry I just had a fan girl moment! whew! Now this look is pulled together. Pants are perfectly cropped to show off those lovely sammies! Great post. and again I'm staring at your hair...

 
At October 8, 2014 at 10:47 AM , Blogger Kathy said...

those really are the PERFECT BF jeans!!! Love the whole look!

 
At October 8, 2014 at 4:30 PM , Blogger Shannon Jenkins said...

Thank you so much for the feature!! :)) You look so stunning! That top is gorgeous and your hair looks amazing!

<3 Shannon
upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

 
At October 8, 2014 at 9:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great outfit! These boyfriend jeans are fantastic - I just can't seem to find the right pair! Also, love the detail on the white top and the maroon/purple shoes!

 
At October 9, 2014 at 4:10 AM , Blogger Straight A Style said...

Love the lace with the distressed denim!

xo, Amy Ann
The Real Arnolds

 
At October 9, 2014 at 9:40 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Same here! Thanks Conni! :D

 
At October 9, 2014 at 9:41 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Amy!

 
At October 9, 2014 at 12:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Lindsay!

 
At October 9, 2014 at 12:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

LOL You are so sweet, thank you Brittany! I just got a new NuMe curling iron and it's so quick and easy to curl now, I love it!

 
At October 9, 2014 at 12:55 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you! BF jeans are tricky to get the right fit, so I was pretty happy when I found these!!

 
At October 9, 2014 at 12:56 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You are so welcome, thanks for linkup up each week, we love your style! :D

 
At October 9, 2014 at 12:57 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you! Try JOE's jeans, I found these at Nordstrom Rack for a steal!

 
At October 10, 2014 at 4:54 PM , Blogger Karina Casillas said...

Those heels are to die for, so perfect with the slouchy boyfriend jeans!

xo, Kina
CHECK OUT MY LATEST!
thelovelylook.com

 
At October 15, 2014 at 3:19 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Karina!

 
At October 18, 2014 at 7:52 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Such a cute outfit! Lovin' the denim with those amazing heels!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home