Design Life Diaries: Date Night: Life and Style Linkup

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Date Night: Life and Style Linkup



It's time for the Date Night Linkup! Teaming up with the stylish ladies of Posh Pair to bring you our go-to date night looks. The last few times Chris and I have been out on the town, I've been mixing up some fancy and casual items for a fun twist on date night.

Today I went with this adorable faux leather skirt from the Lauren Conrad LC line at Kohls. If you've never checked it out, she has some great pieces at a very reasonable price. This skirt is on sale for only $35 right now, so don't wait to snatch one up!

My trusty black bowed shoes take any outfit to the next level with a nice balance of sexy and cute. And I've been dying to break out my Steve Madden studded clutch again for fall. It was another sample sale find that I absolutely love! Add some bling for your necklace and a cropped tee, and you are set to go!

As far as hair and makeup go, I like to mix it up for date nights. If I've been wearing my hair in a ponytail all week, I'll take the time to curl it, braid it, anything to stand out against the norm. If I've worn it down for a few days in a row, then I'll do a fancy top bun, or a loose curly up-do. For this look I did some messy 'undone' curls to complete the dressy casual look.





{Top: Target // Skirt: LC Lauren Conrad // Heels: Steve Madden // Clutch: Steve Madden // Necklace: Apt 9 }

Congratulations to our featured blogger of the week from Last Week's Life and Style Linkup:

Ariel from Auteur Ariel

How adorable is she?! Make sure to check out her 
blog and show her some love!




Linkup Date Night

Labels: ,

22 Comments:

At October 15, 2014 at 9:56 AM , Blogger Kathy said...

Love the look--so effortless and chic! I was actually looking at that skirt online a few weeks ago and was curious how the quality is and what it's like in person. I may just have to get the black one! :) xo

 
At October 15, 2014 at 10:06 AM , Blogger Kelsey Long said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that skirt! Imma get my butt to Kohls ASAP!

xo

kels
www.excusemyblog.com

 
At October 15, 2014 at 10:11 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Kathy! Same here, I saw it online first and then checked it out in store and LOVED it! It drapes really nicely for faux leather, and is really flattering as it's a little high waisted. You would look great in the black one!

 
At October 15, 2014 at 10:12 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Kelsey! They have it in black too! :D

 
At October 15, 2014 at 11:10 AM , Blogger Jen @ South in the City said...

Can I just go shopping with you from now on?! Haha you always seem to find the cutest stuff with the best deals!!

 
At October 15, 2014 at 11:23 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love your outfit. Any feminine look with a little bit of edge is so my cup of tea!

 
At October 15, 2014 at 12:08 PM , Blogger Shannon Jenkins said...

You look gorgeous! Love that top and your hair is perfect as usual! :)

<3 Shannon
Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

 
At October 15, 2014 at 12:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I am down for shopping anytime! :D I do get pretty lucky with random sales! We need to do another happy hour together soon too!

 
At October 15, 2014 at 12:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Same here Sandy! Thanks :D

 
At October 15, 2014 at 12:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Aw, thank you!!

 
At October 15, 2014 at 3:42 PM , Blogger Jen @ South in the City said...

Yes!! Ronee was saying that just the other day too!!

 
At October 15, 2014 at 4:48 PM , Blogger Colour Queen said...

Your look is stunning. I love it! The skirt is beautiful, love the colour and your tee is such fun! Love your hair too!

 
At October 16, 2014 at 8:10 AM , Blogger awhite said...

Loving this date night look- killer legs, lady!

-Ashley
Le Stylo Rouge

 
At October 16, 2014 at 9:50 AM , Blogger Elissa said...

Love these looks! Great link up ladies!

xo
www.style-wire.com

 
At October 16, 2014 at 11:02 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, thanks Lorna! :D

 
At October 16, 2014 at 11:02 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

You're so sweet, thanks Ashley!

 
At October 16, 2014 at 11:03 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Elissa!

 
At October 16, 2014 at 1:44 PM , Blogger Carly said...

I am loving that plum flared skirt!
Dresses & Denim

 
At October 17, 2014 at 2:29 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I just love your rivet bag.it is damn cute.


http://fashion24hours.wordpress.com


 
At October 17, 2014 at 12:36 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I want your Apt.9 necklace!! Love it.
Great Link- up... Beautiful ladies :)

 
At October 18, 2014 at 8:04 AM , Blogger Sherri said...

Hi Kelsie I'm glad to find your blog via Style Me Wednesdays. You look adorable in this outfit. That clutch is the perfect accessory. I love date nights. I always try to dress up for my hubby but he likes to keep it casual so I always feel overdressed. I would love to invite you to join the #WhatWivesWearLinkUp. If you are interested we link up every Thursday at godlifehappywife.blogspot.com. I hope you can join us. I look forward to following. Have a great weekend! ~Sherri

 
At October 20, 2014 at 11:43 AM , Blogger Karina Casillas said...

I love your heels! They are soo cute! This is a perfect date night look.

love, Karina
CHECK OUT MY LATEST!
TheLovelyLook

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home