Design Life Diaries: Pumpkin Coffee Cake

Friday, October 31, 2014

Pumpkin Coffee Cake


For our anniversary weekend, I knew I wanted to make a delicious fall treat for us to snack on with our morning coffee. It didn't take much searching before I realized it needed to have pumpkin, it needed to be fairly simple to make, and it needed to be extra scrumptious! What's an anniversary without some great food to enjoy together?!

I've always loved coffee cake, but I rarely let myself splurge on it. It's usually a treat for vacations or special occasions, but I've never actually had a homemade version until this recipe. I say this about all the recipe's on DLD, but as a coffee cake fanatic, this homemade treat is one of my absolute favorites! Everything about this is amazing. As in... we ate the whole batch and then made a whole new batch the next day amazing. (Insert bug-eyed emoji)

This is the perfect desert to bring to Thanksgiving with family, or Friendsgiving get-togethers this November. I plan on bringing this tasty treat to both! Side note: If you've never had a Friendsgiving, you should definitely give it a try! It's basically a fun way to throw a potluck with great food and close friends. Plus...an extra round of Thanksgiving?? Yes please!!







Looking for even more pumpkin goodness? Don't forget about the Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte!!

P.S. Are you all as ready for the weekend as I am?! Talk about a long week, I'm excited to recharge my batteries for another busy week ahead!



Labels:

8 Comments:

At October 31, 2014 at 9:30 AM , Blogger Jen @ South in the City said...

I totally want in on this Friendsgiving!! Especially with my first holiday season away from home!!

 
At October 31, 2014 at 9:47 AM , Blogger Becky M said...

Oh this looks amazing!! Saving this for sure!

www.madeintheshadeblog.com

 
At October 31, 2014 at 10:41 AM , Blogger Karina Casillas said...

It looks delicious! I seriously need to start baking! Happy Halloween!

Love, Karina
CHECK OUT MY LATEST!
TheLovelyLook

 
At November 2, 2014 at 3:40 AM , Blogger Simona said...

It looks really decadent and comforting, I hope you had a great time at Halloween.
Simona
Lake&Moon Fall capsule wardrobe

 
At November 2, 2014 at 10:42 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Great! I hope you like it!

 
At November 2, 2014 at 10:42 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Karina! Happy Halloween!

 
At November 2, 2014 at 10:43 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Simona! It is definitely a comfort food, perfect for fall!

 
At November 2, 2014 at 11:02 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

YES! We definitely need to make that happen! :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home