Design Life Diaries: Happy Monday

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Happy Monday


Happy Monday ladies! I'm not usually the biggest fan of the first day of the work week, but sometimes it gives you that great feeling of a fresh start. Particularly when it comes to working out! I don't know about you guys, but I have been severely lacking in the motivation department. 

The best wakeup call to get me out of a slump is to try something new! (Or to suddenly realize I have to be in a swimsuit in a few weeks!) Find a picture that motivates you, whether it's of you at your very best or a before and after pic from Instagram. If you need some inspiration, here's a great place to start: Kayla Itsines.

A few weeks ago I tried my very first Barre class, and I could not walk for two days. Every single muscle in my body was shot, and I absolutely loved it! Not for the faint of heart, these classes tone and strengthen to make you long and lean, instead of big and bulky like other fitness programs out there.

{Activewear: find similar here}

What motivates you guys to get back into shape?!


6 Comments:

At August 23, 2015 at 10:40 PM , Blogger Jen @ South in the City said...

I love Kayla's workouts! I'm currently on week 9. It's killer, but love how I feel afterwards.

 
At August 30, 2015 at 11:27 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Jen! That's so awesome! Are you doing the before and after pictures too?!

 
At August 31, 2015 at 9:52 AM , Blogger Kristin said...

That Bottom picture is amazing and you have to take us there when we come!! looks beautiful!!

 
At September 21, 2015 at 2:57 AM , Blogger Simply Sherryl said...

I agree about the Barre class! I was in so much pain for several days but it is a wonderful way to get lean.

 
At September 23, 2015 at 8:51 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

We will add it to the list!! :D Coming up soon, can't wait to see you!

 
At September 23, 2015 at 8:52 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Same here!! I actually like when I'm really sore after a workout class because you know your hard-work is really paying off!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home