Design Life Diaries: The Maldives: The Start of a Bucket List

Monday, January 20, 2014

The Maldives: The Start of a Bucket List

Design Life Diaries: Maldives #bucketlist #travel #honeymoon

I've always liked the idea of a life bucket list. A way to track your adventures and look forward to new ones. Something that let's you realize your goals and dream as big as you want. One of my close friends had the cute idea of having a bucket list themed birthday party and it reignited my desire to start my own. There are so many exciting things I've jotted down, but I would have to say that my number one bucket list item has actually already been crossed off my list.

Christopher took it upon himself to completely plan and organize our honeymoon to let me focus on planning the actual wedding. I knew my future hubby was creative and sneaky, but I had no idea how incredibly over the top he would go! The mystery of where he could be taking me was so much fun, and a much needed stress reliever. All I was told was to pack for warm weather. Not exactly a very descriptive hint, but I still thought of the possibilities- Aruba, Cabo, Bahamas, Hawaii. So many great options to choose from. When he finally revealed our destination on our wedding day, I don't think that I even fully knew and understood where the Maldives actually were!

Well...it's in the Indian Ocean on the exact opposite side of the globe. A twelve hour time difference, it's literally the furthest you can go before you start coming back. 

The Maldives are a group of over 1,000 islands that are divided into 26 atolls.
The fact that there are rumors of this paradise slowly disappearing into the ocean makes it even more of an alluring bucket list item.

We started the trip with the idea of "We have to do as much as we can while we are here, because it's a once in a lifetime trip and who knows if we'll ever be back!"
We finished the trip firmly stating "There is no way this is our last trip here. We are without a doubt coming back! BEST. TRIP. EVER."

I should mention that had we gone to just any resort in the Maldives, we may not have been singing that same tune. After tons of research, Christopher discovered that Viceroy had recently opened a resort in this tropical paradise. And that's where this story begins....

Design Life Diaries: Maldives #bucketlist #travel #honeymoon

Stay tuned for upcoming Maldives posts:

* Sea Planes, Sunsets, and Free Drinks
* Deserted Island Adventure
* The Spa
* Treehouse Restaurant
* Cocktails with the staff
* The Villa
* Anguru
* Scuba Diving: First Timers
* A few extras!








Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home